We help inform our community members about pending legislation, work with legislators on new bills, testify, and provide advocacy training for stakeholders. Scroll down for current Legislative Updates by topic.
2019 Contact Info for Legislators from Southwest CT
2020 Advocacy Topics
Scroll left or right for legislative updates by topic
Public hearings on 2020 budget proposals
Public hearings around FUNDING for behavioral health and other community services take place this week before the Appropriations Committee. All hearings will be held at the Legislative Office Building (LOB) in Hartford.
· Wednesday Feb. 19th: Public hearing on the DCF and DSS budgets starting at 4pm in Room 2C.
· Friday Feb. 21st: Public hearing on the DDS, DMHAS and DPH budgets starting at 4pm in Room 2C.
What are the issues?
· Click here for a summary of the Governor’s proposed budget by agency.
· Click here for the CT Nonprofit Alliance white paper explaining why the state’s nonprofit organizations are asking for an increase of $461 Million – to bring funding levels back to what they were in 2007.
How do I testify?
· Budget hearings start at 4pm and often go past midnight. Speaker signup starts in the morning. Watch short videos about how to sign up and testify here.
· Click here for a template for your testimony. 3 minutes max for spoken testimony!
· Submit written testimony to APPtestimony@cga.ct.gov prior to the hearing date.
How can I follow the proceedings?
· Watch or listen on CT-N here.
· Written Appropriations testimony is posted here.