RBHAO Job Opportunity: Southwest Regional Program Coordinator
RYASAP’s Regional Behavioral Health Action Organization (RBHAO) – The Hub is responsible for overseeing the coordination of activities in the southwestern region of CT and is funded by the Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services (DMHAS). Deliverables include but are not limited to: regional needs assessment, capacity building, primary prevention activities, and local prevention council support/TA. The scope of the grant includes working across the areas of mental health, suicide, substance use, and problem gambling. This includes working across prevention, intervention, and treatment services. The Program Coordinator will work in lower Fairfield County with multiple service providers, community groups, and diverse populations (across the lifespan) to assist in meeting grant requirements. This position will require limited travel in CT and reliable transportation.
During the COVID 19 pandemic applicants must be able to work from home requiring space and excellent internet connectivity. All necessary work equipment will be provided.
Supervisor: The Program Coordinator will report to The Hub’s Program Director.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Serves as a liaison between individual communities to facilitate needs assessment and local capacity building around behavioral health needs.
• Coordinate and/or attend various meetings including but not limited to Local Prevention Council meetings, and local coalition meetings and mental health groups
• Coordinates all tasks within the region related to grant.
• Work with other staff to prepare strategic planning reports, Epi Profile report, Mental Health and Substance Abuse priority reports, grant requirement
• Submit data forms about completed activities.
• Attend trainings and present related workshops and power points to community groups.
• Ensures all deliverables are completed and submitted in accordance with the grant timeline.
• Assists the director with the completion of other deliverables as assigned.
• Assists the director and/or facilitate with training and technical assistance to local communities and regional partners as assigned.
• Other duties as assigned by the director.
• Integrate work with other RYASAP division when possible.
• Participate in RYASAP related staff meeting and trainings
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s in Public Health, Social Work or related field, with 2 years prior experience in prevention, community coordination and community outreach. Prevention Certification a plus
• Prior knowledge of mental health, substance abuse, and/or gambling across the lifespan is helpful.
• Ability to work with diverse communities; experience in lower Fairfield County a plus.
• Computer proficiency required: Microsoft Office, ZOOM and other virtual meeting technologies
• Full-time salaried position plus benefits – health insurance, dental, life ins., disability ins. retirement
• Evening and Weekend hours may be required at times in this position
• Excellent organizational, writing and research skills
Note: The position is grant funded and may be terminated due to expiration of grant or lack of agency funds.
Towns include: Greenwich, Stamford, New Canaan, Darien, Weston, Wilton and Norwalk
Send resumé to Janice Andersen: email@example.com