DID YOU KNOW?
(1) About 10% of marijuana users develop an addiction.
(2) Today's marijuana is 3X more potent than in the 1990s.
(3) The THC content of marijuana used today in "dabbing" is 40%-80%. THC levels above 10% can cause serious cognitive impairment and psychotic episodes.
(4) Marijuana is most dangerous to the developing teen brain and is associated with IQ loss.
(5) Marijuana is allowed in CT for 36 health conditions for adults and 10 health conditions for children.
Check out our 2019 regional profile on marijuana in Southwest CT.
Scroll down for resources...
Download our 2-page marijuana infographic here
The Reward Circuit: How the Brain Responds to Marijuana: 3 min. video from NIDA/NIH
New Canaan Parent Support Group: Presentations by Notable Guest Speaker here
CT's medical marijuana program: Website
Considerations around legalization:
Framework & policy recommendations for minimizing youth access & harm from Rethinking Access to Marijuana
CT Smart Approaches to Marijuana (CT SAM): Webpage
Marijuana factsheets from CT SAM here
November 2019 study from Lancet Psychiatry: Cannabinoids not Justified as Mental Health Treatment